Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 1: Glenwood to Atlantic (Here We Go)



I'll have no problem getting up at the crack of dawn to ride, I thought.  I get up early every day.  Oh yea, just remembered,  6:00 Iowa time is 4:00 Vegas time.  Slept longer than I had planned but still got started at a  decent time .  Beating the heat has a whole new meaning in Iowa; it's more like beating the humidity.  I am amazed at the beauty of Iowa.  And it's so true about the cornfields, they are everywhere.  Some highlights of the day; Beekmans ice cream (homemade to perfection), the worlds largest bicycle, riding on back country roads, old farmers who quilt their own clothes, free coke in Atlantic, and most important, making it to Atlantic and TAKING A SHOWER.  Did I mention yet it's really humid here??? It was a great start to a great adventure.  I WILL sleep good tonight (hopefully adjusted to the time zone difference).

No comments:

Post a Comment